Ideal for Baking Tortilla Bowls or Tostada Bowls with these Extra Thick Non-Stick Steel Pans
Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos (Carnitas) Recipe
These Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos, also known as Carnitas, are a tasty and simple meal to prepare. Slow-cooked until tender, the pork is crisped up in a skillet for added texture. For a complete meal, serve with warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a large ovenproof pot, combine the pork, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl.
- Cook for 3 hours in a preheated oven, or until the pork is very tender.
- Remove the pork from the oven and shred it with two forks.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the shredded pork is crispy and browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate skillet, warm the tortillas over medium heat.
- Serve the pork on tortillas with cilantro and lime wedges on the side.
Vintage Stand Up Taco Holder Rack
The Taco Tuesday Cookbook
Taco Tuesday Baked Tortilla Bowl Maker
Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe
Grilled Chicken Soft Tacos Recipe
Skirt Steak Tacos Recipe
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and Red Cabbage Tacos Recipe